Now that it is officially a new month it is time for my April Reading wrap-up! This is one of my favorite posts each month because I love looking back at everything I have read the last month and it makes me more excited to see what I will read next. In April I read 12 books, which I am really happy about. I felt like I was lagging a little in February and March and I wanted to try to read more in April. The 12 books I red in April were:
- The Lake House by Kate Morton
- Somebody’s Daughter by Ashley C. Ford
- The Kinfolk by Eliza Maxwell
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- The Other Black Girl by Zakiya Dalila Harris
- The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate
- All the Forgivenesses by Elizabeth Hardinger
- After She Left by Claire Amarti
- Appalachian Daughter by Mary Jane Salyers
- Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
- The Liar’s Daughter by Megan Cooley Peterson
I really enjoyed every book that I read in April. There was not one book on this list that I wished I didn’t read. I would say this was probably my best reading month this year. I would recommend every single book on this list. My favorite book I read this month is probably Somebody’s Daughter by Ashley C. Ford. I wrote a review on that book already so be sure to check that out!
My least favorite read this month was After She Left by Claire Amarti. I liked the concept of it, but I just wasn’t really feeling it. My review on that book is already up, so you can see more of my thoughts on that in the blog post. Overall though, I would highly recommend each book on this list. My goal is to read 15 books in May and I am looking forward to seeing what my favorites will be!